The hype for next month’s highly anticipated AEW Championship showdown will kick up a gear on this week’s edition of Dynamite as Jon Moxley and challenger Kenny Omega will go face to face.
It has been announced on All Elite Wrestling’s Twitter page that the two rivals will participate in a contract signing for the bout that has been announced for the episode of Dynamite to take place on December 2nd.
It was expected that the match would take place at AEW Revolution in February but in a surprising move, it was confirmed last week that the bout would air on free TV instead.
Fans are salivating at the thought of these two meeting once again. Their previous encounter took place at Full Gear 2019. Moxley took the victory in a lengthy ‘Unsacntioned Lights Out’ match, thought by many to be the best match in AEW history.
This match was confirmed when Omega defeated Hangman Page in the final of the title eliminator tournament at Full Gear to make him the automatic number one contender for the title Moxley won in February this year with a win over inaugural champion Chris Jericho at Revolution 2019.
For his part, the AEW Champion booked his place in the match by vanquishing Eddie Kingston at the same event in a brutal ‘I Quit’ match.
As is typical, a raft of other matches and segments have been announced for this week’s Dynamite including:
– The in ring return of PAC as he faces The Blade.
– The Young Bucks making their first defence of the AEW Tag Team Titles against Top Flight.
– Cody Rhodes & Darby Allin vs. Team Taz (Brian Cage & Ricky Starks)
– Serena Deeb defends her NWA Women’s Title against former champ Thunder Rosa.
– Orange Cassidy vs. Kip Sabian
– The Inner Circle visits Las Vegas!