In a not altogether unsurprising move, the main event of the second night of AEW Fyter Fest has been cancelled.
Jon Moxley vs Brian Cage will instead take place at Fight for the Fallen on the 15th of July.
Moxley has been quarantined due to his wife Renee Young testing positive for Coronavirus and was therefore unable to make the taping for next week’s event, which took place directly after the live broadcast of night 1.
Taz and Cage took part in an interview on last night’s broadcast and addressed the announcement, claiming that Moxley himself has been tested for the virus twice, both providing negative results which is certainly good news for the AEW World Chanp, and the company as a whole.
It was also announced that next week’s new main event will see Private Party take on Kenny Omega and Hangman Adam Page for the AEW Tag Team Championships which they successfully defended against Best Friends on Night 1
The announced card of Night 2 of Fyter Fest is as follows:
- Chris Jericho vs Orange Cassidy
- Lance Archer (w/ Jake Roberts) vs Joey Janela
- Nyla Rose in action
- Colt Cabana and The Dark Order vs SCU
- FTR and The Young Bucks vs Butcher & The Blade and The Lucha Bros
- AEW World Tag Team Championship: Private Party (w/ Matt Hardy) vs Kenny Omega and Hangman Adam Page