Never let it be said that AEW don’t know how to raise the stakes in an ongoing rivalry.
Last night it was announced that the main event of AEW Revolution will see Jon Moxley granted his rematch for the AEW World Championship against Kenny Omega in an Exploding Barbwire Deathmatch!
Sounding more like a Mick Foley vs. Terry Funk FMW match in the 90s, the match was announced at the conclusion of the six-man main event of Dynamite this week that saw Moxley, Lance Archer and Ray Fenix take the win over Eddie Kingston, Butcher and Blade.
After the match, Omega and The Good Brothers hit the ring with Don Callis to attack Moxley, with Omega delivering the news of the jaw-dropping stipulation that will headline the PPV on Sunday March 7th.
The pair are no strangers to brutal stipulation matches. They previously headlined AEW Full Gear in November 2019 in an Unsanctioned Lights Out match. The bout, won by Moxley, was easily the most violent match in the short history of the promotion. It is likely that their Revolution match will look to top that.
AEW Revolution can be watched by international audiences on FITE TV. The currently announced card is below:
- AEW World Championship: Kenny Omega © vs. Jon Moxley (Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch)
- AEW Women’s World Championship: Hikaru Shida © vs. Winner of Women’s World Championship Eliminator Tournament
- AEW Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks © vs. Chris Jericho and MJF
- Face Of The Revolution Ladder Match: Cody Rhodes vs. Scorpio Sky vs. Penta El Zero M vs. TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD (Winner receives TNT Championship match)
- Team Taz (Brian Cage and Ricky Starks) vs. Sting and Darby Allin (Street Fight)
- Big Money Match: ‘Hangman’ Adam Page vs. Matt Hardy