AEW have taken another step with their tributes to Jon Huber, AKA Brodie Lee, who passed away last week aged 41.
Tony Khan confirmed on Twitter that both New Year’s Smash events would be delayed a week so they can celebrate the life of Huber this Wednesday.
The card for this Wednesday is set to feature a number of tag matches, with one in particular standing out.
The favourite wrestlers of -1 – the Dark Order number given to Huber’s son Brodie Jr – will compete in a six-man tag match.
Cody Rhodes, Orange Cassidy and 10 will team up to face Team Taz.
The full announced card for the celebration of Jon Huber’s life is:
- Cody Rhodes, Orange Cassidy & 10 vs Team Taz
- The Young Bucks & Colt Cabana vs Matt Hardy & Private Party
- Hangman Page, John Silver & Alex Reynolds vs MJF, Santana & Ortiz
- Anna Jay & Tay Conti vs Dr Britt Baker & Penelope Ford
- Lance Archer, Evil Uno & Stu Grayson vs Eddie Kingston, The Butcher & The Blade
As well as the action, Chris Jericho will be joining commentary for the night.
Whilst the Wednesday night ratings war is often a talking point, it is unlikely to matter this week given the circumstances surrounding the show.